Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Harping Away^^^

Cockney Himmy Jendrix was a master of the electric harp. While George Harrison’s guitar gently weeps, Himmy’s harp drips the sweat from his body as he bangs and strums his way through his wild performance.

One day, after a matinee performance and a few drinks inside him, he picked up his son from school. On the way home, he lost control of the car and his son was killed when the car hit a tree. Himmy was dazed but unhurt.

Beset with melancholy and guilt, he totally lost his enthusiasm for music and his harp playing was reduced to mediocrity. Himmy visited many psychiatrists and therapists to get him through his depression, but to no avail.

One day a friend suggested making an appointment with a witch doctor. Himmy was skeptical but what did he have to lose. On meeting the “doctor” he poured his heart out about his career and the events that led to his depression. 

Finally the doctor replied. “I think I may have the answer. I suggest a tattoo of your son, which I will etch on your shoulder. This will symbolize the spiritual connection of your music to your dead son.

Incredibly the advice worked. Jimmy got over the sorrow and was soon back to his wild performances – sweat and all.

There was no need to explain his recovery to anyone. It was all there in the lyrics of his opening song.
“Son Sign on my Shoulder make me Harp Pee”
(sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy)

----------
Dedicating this feghoot to my daughters – Shaan(shine)and Shazeen. A life without them would be unimaginable. 

No comments: