Monday, January 01, 2007

My 'air Lady^

Prof. Henry Higgins took Eliza Doolittle to his mother’s house for high tea where he offered the cockney girl some ham sandwiches. When Eliza later recounted the event to Henry’s high society friends, there was some confusion. As she dropped all the “h”s, they were under the impression that she went to
‘am ‘igh tea.
(MIT ham high tea)
--------------------------


A short feghoot with 2 long dedications ... sorry
Dedicated to my Alma Mater, MIT. Thanks for a great education and lots of fun. Too bad universities don’t teach you to be smart. You need the streets for that.


Dedicated to my HongKong Diocesan Boys' School Literature teacher, Mr. Jacobsen, who "taught" me how to watch movies (and applicable to people, places and everything in life too I guess)! Don't just look at the stars and the main songs. Look deeply where very few do -- the costumes, the background, the extras, the background music. "Go see My Fair Lady again with this in mind" he said.

No comments: